Hampstead Baptist Church was established as a mission in 1955 and constituted as a church in August of 1956. HBC operates independently as a cooperative member of the Southern Baptist Convention. We accept the essential doctrines of the church as set forth in the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 of the Southern Baptist Convention.
The church first met in a storefront building on Main Street, Hampstead Maryland. Its first structure was built on Carroll Street, Hampstead which is now the home of the Hampstead Town Hall.
In 1980 the church relocated outside of the town limits on Hanover Pike. In 1996 a multi-purpose building was constructed with classrooms and our Family Life Room. Two services are conducted on Sunday mornings in the FLR with plans to construct a new worship area and additional classroom space.
With plans to remain debt-free financially, we seek to use contributions to support a strong home base ministry that results in an effective worldwide outreach. Our prayerful goal is to be involved in ministry in fifty countries by the year 2025, in addition to supporting our missionaries within the International Mission Board of the SBC.
What we believe: